Friday, September 21, 2007

The Blog Pilot

“No thinking – that comes later! You must write your draft first with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is… to write, not to think!”

Some years ago I was able to watch this 2000 film entitled Finding Forrester. Prior to that, I was not really into writing stuff but after I heard those lines, it made me think, no, actually it made me write. A thing that struck me the most is that all of us have the capability to write (though not as well as to those who make writing as their living) but as real as we can be – as long as we let go what’s inside.

A lot of us have difficulties expressing ourselves. We find it hard to say things so we kept them inside. Good thing, after God created heaven and earth, he blessed us with the knowledge of a much easier way of conveying what’s within – the gift of scribbling letters on a blank sheet. Then, it all comes to life. What we just need to do is punch our keys and let our heart speak through our hands. By doing that we are able to express thoughts running through our head and truths running through our heart.

First write with your heart, and then write with your hand. Need I say more? Or should I state, need I write more?

No comments: