Monday, October 22, 2007

Big Fish

As a weekend habit, I used to spend midnights catching up some old films that would probably be fitting to my current mood. Alas, last Saturday, I was able to get a copy of this 2003 movie entitled Big Fish. This drama-fantasy flick was referred by a friend in Dubai who most likely thinks that we share the same interest in terms of picking subjects for books and films (of course, weird subject it is). Well, she's right. I did like and enjoy this film. And at most part of it, I found myself laughing and smiling alone.

Here are some quotes that I picked:

Young Ed Bloom: There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool.
(This is me, speaking to myself...always a fool)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Senior Ed Bloom: They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.
(Wahahahaha...better watch the slow motion)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A poem his working for 12-years, written on a notepad)

Norther Winslow: The grass so green. Skies so blue. Spectre is really great!
(This scene is a perfect laugh-trip. Steve Buscemi is a really great actor.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Ed Bloom: Now I may not have much, but i have more determination than any man you're likely to ever meet.
(Perseverance and Determination are two different things, right?)

(On a different scene) Young Ed Bloom: There are some fish that cannot be caught. It's not they're faster or stronger than other fish. They're just touched by something extra. (Just like my fish).


I could have written a dozen of things but I wont take away what lightness it could probably give you, so better take a glance of it.

Truth of the matter is, I'm having a hard time digging today because I'm busy thinking of that fish. Not that fish but that fish. Oh Fish!







No comments: