Sunday, November 4, 2007

Karu's Requiem


The road appears endless as you take your every step;

Tell me, what are you willing to give up to make it to the end..?
The skies turn red as they shed their tears,
The wind sobs and howls with grief,
The waters of the vast seas thrash their misery on those dark rocks beside them;
Time, itself, can heal your wounds no more;
With every breath you take, you lose your precious memories,
Slowly draining away into nothingness and isolation;
Tell me, can you still stand up the way you did before you fell..?
Countless dreams made their presence felt to you,
But they are only dreams, no matter how real they reveal themselves;
You travel the expanse of dark mountains and vast savannas;
You search for something to appease your poor soul;
The distant stars of the unmoving sky are the witnesses of your journey,
Yes, you are alone, with no one to heave your weary spirit onto the right trail whenever you make a careless fall,
Your sole companion is solitude itself;
Tell me, would you realize the emptiness of the horizon above you..?
Everything in your path is filled with an abysmal mystery,
Of false pretenses, of hidden lies and betrayals…
Why…why would you still want to subdue your life’s cavalries..?
What reason should be strong enough for you to move on with this almost pointless quest..?
Tell me, for I am fill of bemused emotions;
The warmth around you is wavering,
Yet you still believe the cold is an illusion;
Please…tell me you are tired…
Tell me you seek refuge from those innumerable thorns,
For I shall take you in my arms to shield you from your woes;
And wounded I might become, it does not matter to me anyway…
For those thorns may prick and leave me with deep scars,
But glad I will still be, for those thorns failed too conquer you;
I vow to protect your only remaining spirit…
Tell me, before I travel to the heavens, would you bring back the flame
which you’ve promised not to lose..?
Time, indeed, heals wounds no more…
Scars could bring back memories, but memories they will only be;
I have dreamt my last,
The crimson tears have come forth;
Tell me, before my sun sets, will I be in your heart forever…?



P.S.
Such emotions. If there's one thing I'm proud about this madness, is that I gave its temporary title "Karu's Requiem". A couple of years ago, a young friend of mine named Karu or Akuro (Carolyn Cambare in real world) wrote this bemusing work of sadness. I asked her what inspired her, she just said that she was carried by my emotions and stories that time. Huh? Do I really get that emotional? Maybe...just maybe.

I read her journal and her other writings, all I can say, she's a great young writer - taking everything out of her pure heart.

More than a year ago, I have written "Karu's Requiem II" but still nothing beats the first one. It was some months ago when I started writing the third part, but due to unknown reasons, I was not able to complete it. Middle of the way, I got stuck. Maybe I'll let her finish my poem, maybe...

No comments: